- Why is UL replacing the current Online Certifications Directory?
- UL is committed to ongoing digital transformation across the enterprise. Product iQ is one of several initiatives designed to meet the
growing demands of a digital world. The platform is designed to create value, support transformation and evolve with changing needs.
Product iQ is built on a modern search engine platform that offers a better user experience, can incorporate more relevant information
and support multiple new user features. The new directory provides the same information as the old platform and has no impact on
testing results or certifications.
- What has UL improved with Product iQ? What features are available?
Product iQ, built on Prospector’s commercial search engine technology, is built on a modern digital platform with a streamlined user interface and a fast, robust search capability. Features such as guided keyword search, search refinement and the ability to email search results improve the user experience. Additionally, a new, premium subscription offering allows users to purchase access to enhanced tools: saved searches, tagging and confirmation letters.
Product iQ also enables our customers to promote and differentiate their products and company through the use of digital media services and targeted email campaigns. Platform analytics can help our customers connect with other UL customers and provide transparency to industry and platform trends.
- Is Product iQ free to use?
- Yes, access to UL’s certification information will always be free. Upon registration, users access exactly the same certification information as in the old platform at no cost. They may voluntarily upgrade to a premium subscription that allows them to use the more advanced tools.
- What will happen to the old Online Certifications Directory?
- Product iQ will be available concurrently to the original Online Certifications Directory (OCD) for
some time to allow users to register and learn the new platform. The OCD will be decommissioned
later in 2018 and its links will be redirected to the new Product iQ platform.